Sunday, October 28, 2007

Loving Well

Quick notes from a weekend retreat at my church. We did Beth Moore's' Loving Well retreat. I had great fun. Joshua took care of the kids for the night and I stayed with my mom. My mom and I went to the retreat together. Good times, good times.

Loving Well

There are 4 types of people that we are called to love:
1) Joy - those who are a joy to love
2) Testy - those that are hard to love
3) Foe - those who are an enemy
4) Far - those who are strangers that we run across in our day to day lives

There are 4 confessions, if we keep them in mind we are able to love
all these people:
1) God is perfect love
2) Nothing can separate me from God's perfect love
3) God pours his perfect love into my imperfect heart
4) Accessed. I can love anyone through anything.

* We are not able to love well until we feel well loved. And who gives
us that love? Our father Abba.
* Love is part of God's goodness and is not an emotion to him. Under
His love, we are well loved!
* How we allow God to love us reflects our insecurities and anxiety.... ect.
* Out of the 4 people there are to love, who are you for God to love?
* We love love because we are loved, not so we will be loved.
* I love ________ because God 1st loved me.
* Learn to love with God's love. Rom 5:5
* Learn to love with insight. Phil. 1:9-10
* Ask God to give you insight as to who Testy and Foe are in your live
and find compassion on that person so you are able to show them love.
* God calls us to hard loving so we can give that love as a offering
on His alter.
* Pray for others (your husband, family, friends) as if you are
praying for yourself.
- You know how we pray for ourselves... Giving God our
to-do-requests. Why do I not pray for others as I do for myself.
Having it put in that light made me think differently about how I love
those around me and the amount of prayer I have for myself verses
others.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home