Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wait A Minute: curiosity can bite

Curiosity can get you... it can find you, it can get you into trouble, you can seek it, it can sneak up on you, it can bite you... curiosity bit me.

I checked out Grey's Anatomy.
Back in the day of my TV watching I liked ER. I must say that this show would have me too.
But again, can anyone say adultery! Why is this so accepted? Why is it ok to sleep with someone other than the person you made a promise to? Who decided it was ok? Well, I know the answer... We live in a fallen world.

Did God not call us to a higher standard? Was it not Jesus that said if you even look at another women you have commented adultery? Is it not time that we take a stand? Are you willing to give up your entertainment to take that stand?

My sister has recently "gone green." She tells me how I should not be going to WalMart because their clothes are made in sweat shops and so on. A subject that admittedly I should explore and learn more about. However, why are we so quick to help the world yet forget to stand for what Christ calls us to stand for. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Jesus calling the Jews to hug trees. Yes we are to be good stewards of what God has given us, but if you read the end of the story this world will be destroyed and a new one created. The signs of the end of time are signs of the world dieing. In the same light, the signs of the end times are that of more and more corrupted thinking. I guess it's priorities. Do you care more of the world we are not to be of, or the world we are to be in as light and salt?

I may have gotten bit by curiosity, but I can bite back. :) I'll stick to my pod casts of tech, nature, and biblical teaching.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right! What the world tolerates these days is absolutely disgusting.
You can't even walk through the grocery store without seeing something provocative on the magazine shelves. I really enjoy reading your blogs. Keep up the good work! -:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home