Sunday, January 20, 2008

The People You Meet

It's funny how people you never thought you'd see again get put in your path... a little back story first.

In High School there was this cool guy pursuing a musical carrier. I thought he was talented. He put together a CD pretty much by himself. I don't know all the details on how he got it made, but I do know that he did all the instruments and vocals and he even wrote the songs... amazing, if you ask me! It was a 5 song CD that he was selling for like $5, if I remember correctly . I bought it for $10, telling him that it was worth it, and got him to even sign it for me. Yeah, I thought he was going to make it and was cashing in. You'll see it up on ebay soon... j/k!!! :) Anyway, after I graduated I saw him and his girl friend at my church a couple times and then at Subway after I got married and that was the last I saw of him.
One night (about 3 months ago) while up late and listening to music I wondered what ever happened to him. So I did what everyone does now when they loose contact with someone... google them! I put in the google bar... Bryce Avery, and would you believe he is out touring and has a new album and wow, he made it. (I say made it... I mean he's out living his dream, doing what he pursued back in high school, touring the country and even in the UK... he may not be touring by himself... I don't know who opens for him or if he opens for anyone..., I do know you can find his album in stores, and that tells me he made it!!) I got so excited for him and felt weird that I felt so excited for him. I mean it's not like we were buds or anything, just knew of each other in passing really. I found out he married his "high school sweet heart," and that is just great! What better way to spend your music carrier than with the girl that has supported you since the beginning!

Well tonight I ran into him at starbucks! Yeah, out of the blue. I'm leaving to get my kids from Awana at church and he and his wife were coming in. He saw me and said hi and even his wife recognized me. Pretty cool. He sees so many people now, knowing my face is recognizable, is kind of cool. I don't think he remembered my name... but not a big deal to me.
I told him the story I just told you and said that I wanted to give him a high five (and so I did). He asked about me and I told him who I married (He knew of Joshua too) and that we have 5 kids now and he and Tara were blown away. My guess is they haven't even thought about kids yet. I wish I had a picture of Bryce's face when I said we had 5! Saying they were blown away is an understatement. Then Tara gave me the best complement! She said I don't look like I've had 5 kids. Very kind of her! And yes, I don't look like it. :) (Just boosting my confidence here.)

Well that's it. My story for today. Go check out his web site and look him up on iTunes, myspace, and facebook. I like his style.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw that is so awesome!
he is my absolute hero and favorite person in the wooorld. you should look at some of the stuff people say about him on their myspaces and just all over.
its so incredible. he is just absolutely amazing(:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home