Friday, March 21, 2008

My sister had her baby!

**Warning: Graphic pictures of a new born baby below**

Lindsey is checking her list... twice... :) Making sure she has everything she needs. I picked up Lindsey at 5:30am. Very early!!! She needed to be at the hospital at 7am, but I woke up at 5 and thought if I went back to bed then I would for sure not wake up in time. I was surprised to see her and my mom awake as well. I ate breakfast in front of Lindsey... she couldn't eat anything. We had some laughs!





One last picture of Isabell inside her mommy. Last moments of not having the responsibility of a little one... last moments of quiet! I also grabbed shots of Isabell's room, pre-baby.





We got to the hospital at 7. It took till 8:30 to see the Dr. Lots of paper work and a nurse that wasn't all there... that is all I can say. Lindsey was 4cm and would most likely be there even if not for the induction scheduled. She was obviously in labor.
Lindsey was texting with her friend and Lance through the first part of labor.

Lindsey's Dr. came in and broke her water. He planned on pitocin, but gave Lindsey an hour to see how she would do. We played a game to pass time. We got through one game (Lindsey won!) and couldn't do another. Lindsey's contractions started hard and were every 3 to 2 mins apart. She went through an hour and a half of that!

When she finally got the epidural… she was feeling good! That hard labor got her to 8cm. It took so long for the IV fluid to go through her b/c the nurse had the tube pinched... just one of many crazy things with the nurses. It was 10:30 at that time. My mom came by and Lindsey rested. At about 12 Lindsey started to feel something different. We called for the Nurse, and after a while (15 mins) of waiting she came in and checked Lindsey. She was ready! It was 12:15.


Lance arrived and I went out to the waiting room to tell him how Lindsey was doing. We were waiting on the Dr. to arrive. His office is in Grapevine and we were in Irving.








In the mean time, my mom rubbed Lindsey’s head for her as she was in pain b/c of needing to get that girl out! My mom left at about this time b/c Lindsey didn't want her there while she was pushing.
The Dr. showed up at about 12:30 and checked Lindsey and told the nurse to start her pushing and then he went to grab lunch. Little weird... The nurse had Lindsey do one push and then we waited on the Dr. to get back to us. When he arrived I think it was about 1:15. Lindsey pushed and the Dr. noticed that Isabell wasn't down as far as he would have liked. Lindsey was asked to push several times. After about 30 mins of pushing off and on the Dr. asked Lindsey how she felt about forceps or vacuum extraction. Lindsey had done a paper in school about the dangers that involve the use of these and she was determined then to push that girl out! She gave another good push and I could see the top of Isabell's head. She gave 2 more pushes and her head was all the way out. Another 2 pushes and...



Isabell’s first picture! As Michelle (our sister) would say, “fresh out of the oven.”










Isabell being handed to Lindsey.













Lindsey holding her girl for the first time, on the outside.








The Nurse cleaning Isabell up a bit. Isabell had a lot of stuff in her throat that they had to suction out. She also had an oxygen mask on for a bit. Everything seemed to be ok. The nurse rapped Isabell up and brought her back to Lindsey.












Lindsey kept saying, “Awwww.”

Cute!















Isabell didn’t cry much, but when she started to fuss she heard mom’s voice and calmed down.











Lance holding his baby for the first time.














Lance, Lindsey and Isabell.
As these 3 are starting their life, I pray they keep Isabell's best interest at heart and Lindsey and Lance could be friends. I pray God works out all the in between.




Grammy seeing Isabell for the first time. She says, "She's so precious."















This is Lindsey’s friend. Lindsey is showing her how much hair Isabell has.










Isabell was pretty tired. We got one eye peak for the picture.












Grammy with Isabell. My mom is the proud Grammy of 6 grandkids!














There’s two eyes!












Lindsey and me with Isabell. I am so honored to have been asked to be with Lindsey in her labor. I was so happy to be there for her, to help her through that hard labor and help her push... and take these sweat pictures. I thank God for this experience.


Isabell was taken out of the room and brought to the nursery for further cleaning. They took her weight: 7 pounds and 9 ounces.
Her height: 19 1/2 inches.

I held her hand while they looked over her and made sure everything was in working order. She fussed a little.
They measured her head. And her waist and her chest. They checked her heart rate.
They made sure her legs worked. That bum is so little! I had to leave that room and watch from the window for everything else.



Wendy, the nurse that was taking care of her was very informative and nice.









I called over Lindsey's friends.










And Lance.
Lance and I talked a bit. I asked him what he thought and he said, "I'm a father," with a little excitement and disbelief. He expressed that he wanted to work things out with Lindsey. I just pray God works out all the in betweens!


They took her foot prints.
She just slept through all the messing around with her.





Bath time! She has lots of hair! I don't think she liked that water being sprinkled on her.





Lindsey came down the hall on her way to her overnight room. The nurse in the back ground with dark blue on is Dee. She was Lindsey's first nurse during post pardum.



ALL CLEAN!







They glued a bow on her hair... glued...
I'm sure it is safe glue. :)

Welcome Isabell in to this world! I pray God's best blessings in your life.

(It's about time they cut that umbilical cord, don't you think.) :)

More pictures to come when I get them....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home