Thursday, February 28, 2008

Singing children = noise?

So I was sitting in the living room trying to watch a movie with the kids and Sarah was singing. Again. She sings all the time, anywhere, and loudly.
It gets on my nerves to be honest. I've told her she needs to sing in her room, away from others that want to hear the movie... maybe she wants to BE the "movie" we are watching. :)
Again I told her to stop singing and go to her room... and then something stopped me, you know that something. That something in the back of your mind that is telling you the right thing to do, that you typically don't want to listen to... yeah, that something.
I stopped to listen to what she was singing. "Praise be to da Lord. Sing Praise to da Lord all-y-body, sing praise." How cute is that?
And then that something spoke some wisdom to me.
How long will it be till she stops singing out loud for me to hear? How much time do I have with this cute girl until she stops wanting to sit at my feet with her dolls and sing? So I pressed the pause button and got down on the floor with her and the other kids and we sang. Loudly. Together.
Sweet times like these won't last long and I was reminded today to take those moments and relish in them, treasure them, love them... not get annoyed by them.
If only I could have recorded her song to share with you all.

Happy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home