Saturday, March 15, 2008

What Makes Jennifer Special. - by Joshua

Yes, this will be a biased little note of appreciation for my wife. Yes, you probably have 100 things in addition to these...and you should add those in a comment below this post.

So, what makes Jennifer Crispin so special?

(5) She has great taste in men. (laugh) Well, her choice in marrying me makes her taste special to me. You probably do not know this, but Jennifer did a lot of the chasing in our relationship. She made it a point to keep in touch each week when I lived in other parts of the country. She made surprise visits to my location(s) after she finished her shift at work. She remembered my favorite things and gave me the best gifts because of her attention to detail. She showed great interest in me, and made it obvious that she liked me by giving me the gift of her time.

(4) She is an encourager. She encourages everyone around her, and she lifts me up when times are tough. Some of her best words to me are these: "You are a great Dad. I love to see you playing with our children. You are a great teacher." "I heard (so-and-so) say how great you did. I told them that you always go above and beyond what is expected." "You have great talent and creativity. You should charge more. Your results are worth it!" And I over hear her saying the same positive things to our children, her friends, and extended family all the time.

(3) She is a fun friend! We have been married over 6 years and she is still my best friend.
We make each other giggle and laugh over the craziest things. She is my first choice for any activity. Leisure time, work, and anything at all. She likes what I like...well, I don't like coffee...or candies with peanut butter & chocolate... or hand lotion...or any lotion for that matter....or movies that induce tears...or Chinese food... Ok, so she has a richer palette than I, but we share many interests.

(2) She is a wonderful mother! If you did not know by now, we wanted a large family. We have 5 kids. At this writing they are ages 5,4,3,2, and 1. However, due to her mothering you'd think they were older...like 8,6,4,3, and um.. 1. Part of being a great mom is being a great teacher! She has taught them Shapes, Colors, Numbers, Letters, Reading, Writing, Counting, Washing, Dressing, Cleaning, Sign Language, Manners, Sharing, Caring, and most importantly about the Bible and God's love.

She tells her family she loves them a thousand times a day. She over flows with hugs and kisses. She is tireless in providing all the necessities of life. (Well, Jennifer would say she is not tireless. In fact she gets verrrrry tired.)

(1) She is priceless. I could say a million things to back this up. I would list her strong faith in God and her desire to help others know him better. The way she puts other's needs before her own. Her caring heart for new mothers. Her faithfulness to her husband through thick and thin. Her loyalty to her friends. The humbleness of her motives. On and on...

But for me, she is simply irreplaceable. On this earth and in my physical lifetime here, there is no person...no amount of money...no material posession...that compares.
My life is enriched by her presence, and that is priceless.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jennifer Crispin said...

Thank you Joshua. :) 3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home