Tuesday, February 13, 2007

7th Heaven: 11

37wks: Baby weighs about 6 pounds and is about 19” long. Baby’s lungs are now mature and the baby continues to practice breathing in preparation for its first breath.

I had an appointment today and am at 2 1/2cm dilated. The baby has not 'dropped' yet is what my Dr. tells me... I thought he had! I guess he is not quite ready. I have an appointment to be induced on the 21st, though I'm not sure this date will work. I really need it to be on a Friday if it is going to be scheduled. Next Monday we'll see were I am at, if I've dilated more and if he as dropped, then we may stick to that date. Otherwise I'll let it go another week and wait on his/His timing. :)

I told you guys that I would let you know the name of our boy (we don't have a middle name yet)...


Sijah Crispin

This is a name made up of a combination of 2 names.
It is completely original, put together by Joshua.
Simon - Hebrew, to obey
Elijah - Hebrew, Jehovah is God.

Sijah - Hebrew, to obey and know that Jehovah is God

I have some reservations about telling people our sons name because of the first 3 people that we ran his name by. They were family and I guess because I didn't say this is his name, our loving family though it was their place to give advise against the name. Well, it's been a while of telling other people besides our family and no one had been negative. I'm feeling better now. All of our children have been named with purpose. We have not let child be an exception. Joshua and I spent many days thinking about our boy, thinking about what his name should be. Joshua started thinking about his birth order and the typical tendencies he may have. God willing, Sijah will be the last (regardless, he is a 5th child) and typically the last children feel the most left out and can also be the biggest "class clowns." Knowing that, we want for his name to say, 'we care so much for you, we put much thought into your name, you are not just a number in a list of children.' We are also giving him a unique name that could help in an entertainment type world. His name stands out and is remembered. (We know, we don't know what he'll be doing, just typical and with thought and prayer we know this is his name) The biggest thing is that we love our children equally. When we say, 'Sijah,' we are saying, 'we love you so much, you are very special to us.'

Sijah will be here soon and I can't wait to meet him!


Oh - by the way - Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home