Thursday, February 07, 2008

100 things about me...

So I've seen this "100 things about me" on several blogs and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not sure if there are that many things about me... :) We'll see.

Here goes!

1. My name is Jennifer - a very popular name...
2. I went by my last name throughout Middles School and High School.
3. I have lived in 3 states that I remember; (of age to remember) Texas, Arizona and Michigan.
4. I have 3 sisters.
5. I am the oldest, and you can tell!
6. I got married at 19.
7. I have 5 children... yes 5.
8. I get crazy comments on that all the time, like; Did you plan it that way? You know what causes that don't you? Do you want more? How do you do it (take care of 5 kids)? Do you ever get time to yourself?
9. I do get time for myself. Either I take it for myself during the day and in the evening, or my loving husband sends me out the door. (Thank you Joshua!!!)
10. During my time out of the house, I frequent Starbucks. (my sanctuary)
11. I love chocolate and peanut butter = Reese's!
12. I like to read.
13. My fav. "for fun" author is Francine Rivers.
14. I like music.
15. My fav. artist right now is Josh Groban.
16. We don't watch TV
17. We watch a lot of movies!
18. My fav. movie is The Notebook, that my husband tastefully edited.
19. Flowers make me smile.
20. Winter is my fav. season. (not this Texas want-a-be winter)
21. Christmas is my fav. holiday.
22. I love to give gifts and help people in any small way I can.
23. The holiday's don't seem right if my family is not around.
24. Holidays are a big deal to me.
25. Birthday's are big deal to me.
26. Abe Lincoln and I share a birthday.
27. I grew up skiing.
28. I've snowboarded and loved it!
29. I have a need to be around friends.
30. I only have one friend that I've kept the same relationship with since High School, Jean.
31. FaceBook has brought me back in touch with some old friends.
32. In Elementary and Middle School I was a Girl Scout.
33. I have a desire to paint, but am not skilled at all!
34. I am a member of MOPS.
35. My hair is in a pony tail 85% of the day.
36. There is a permanent dent in my hair because of having it up so much.
37. I enjoy the internet.
38. I use the Firefox browser.
39. I home school our children.
40. I like to hang my children's art work up as if it were bought from a galleria.
41. I like to sew.
42. I didn't say I was good at sewing.
43. I like to make albums. (some call it scrapbooking)
44. For one year I was a creative memories consultant.
45. I like to keep a journal... this is why I have a blog.
46. I very much like my blog!
47. There are few things I cherish/treasure: my family, my friends, my hearts desire to help others go through situations I have been through.
48. I would not want to put material items in with that category, but here are some things I really like: my lap top, my iPod, my bible bag and it's belongings, my purse and it's belongings, my Roxy jacket, and my albums.
49. One side of my body is longer than the other. I was told by a Dr. that is normal in girls...
50. Buying shoes can be hard because of the above.
51. I birthed 4 of my children completely naturally (not even an IV) in a hospital setting.
52. I have an incompetent cervix that needs a cerclage in order to carry my children full term.
53. My 5th child was birthed with an epidural because my labor didn't progress as quickly and the Dr. scared me with pitocen, so I took the epidural and then didn't need the pitocen.
54. I enjoyed my natural births better than the epidural. (in the long run, in the moment i liked not having the pain)
55. I like breakfast foods, and I eat them at anytime.
56. I also like Mexican, Italian, and Chineses foods.
57. I don't have a need to wear make up and the majority of the time do not have any on.
58. That's not to say I don't like wearing it. Just was never a thing I did everyday.
59. I married a man that loves me for my natural beauty. :)
60. I like to create things. Either on the comp or with paint, paper, clay, wood...
61. I like to cook.
62. I didn't say I was good at cooking.
63. I like to be creative with food.
64. I don't like to cook mac and cheese everyday for lunch.
65. I am waiting for the day when my children can enjoy the finer foods with more flavor!
66. I love newborn babies
67. I don't like a strangers newborn baby.
68. If I ask to hold your child, I really like you. (that can be taken wrong... i like you enough to care to hold your child, that i do like a lot, because it's your child... does this make since?)
69. I thought I would graduate HS and move to Colorado and pursue a masters in Psychology.
70. I didn't think to ask God what He had planned for my life.
71. If I could do it again, I would study childhood education.
72. That's not to say I want to do it again.
73. I like socks... fun socks with patterns.
74. I have a hard time buying clothes. My style has been preg. for so long that I've lost my non-preg style.
75. I like to run. I ran Cross Country in High School and I run on a elliptical machine at the gym now.
76. I prefer to run outside!
77. I played basketball in school too. Forward.
78. If I were to keep my house ‘magazine clean’... I would be doing 2 loads of laundry a day, 2 loads of dishes a day, sweep the kitchen floor 4 times a day, mop the kitchen floor once a day, sweep and vacuum the house 2 times a week, mop the house once a week, do all the other cleaning every other day….
79. My house is not always magazine clean!
80. I like biscotti with my coffee.
81. Milano Cookies are good with coffee
82. When at starbucks and I order a hot coffee, I get it in a mug (no paper cup for me).
83. My mom is one of my best friends.
84. I love to hang out with my sisters.
85. I like to dance
86.I don't like to dance around anyone.
87. I like to sing.
88. I don't like to sing around others (except my children)
89. When I am by myself, I will sing really loud.
90. I have been told I have a nice voice.
91. That was before I was preg. For some reason I can't sing or hold a "note" for any length of time now.
92. Only God loves this joyful noise. :)
93. Music is the language to my soul.
94. I like to write.
95. A poem I wrote was published in my High School's 'contest of student’s poetry' book.
96. Writing is how I express my soul. Sometimes it is the only way I get out my feelings.
97. I hope to someday get a book published. I am working on one and have ideas for others.
98. I was saved from eternal death in the 1st grade and started to walk by God's grace (truly live the life) on March 8th of '97.
99. I am a princess, heiress to the thrown with Jesus Christ... and you can be so as well (or a prince)! Are you?
100. Truth be told... this life is not about me.

That wasn't so bad. A little easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for reading! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer! I was reading that you home school your kids. Thats awesome! I actually just started homeschooling this year. I'm using an online homeschooling program, because my parents both work and are too busy to actually come up with a curriculum. I've really enjoyed it although next year I'm not going to do online schooling but rather with workbooks. I was wondering what curriculum you use?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home